The Untamed spotlight highlights music from emerging acts and mainstream talent that might have missed your playlist from both ‘New Music Friday’ and existing records from way back.
Here’s a list of songs you definitely should not ‘sleep on’.
1. Alcohol – JoeBoy : Heading this playlist is an amazing record from JoeBoy titled ‘Alcohol’ that was released on the 24th of September. JoeBoy is set to be a hit maker with this record after his earlier release with his smash tape “Somewhere between Beauty & Magic’.
2. Necessary – Azanti : This feel good song premiered earlier in August by Cruise Radio and was released on the 24th of September 2021 among the Azanti’s debut EP ‘Azanti’ and this is by far the most sonically charged record from the tape, delivering Afro fusion and perfectly blended lyricism.
3. Rude Boy – Chimzy x Minz : straight from “Insomnia” by Chimzy. Rude boy gets highlighted featuring Minz. This AfroBeat record sings the high and lows from this tape. A witty based song that very much gives a sultry vibe was well capped in chemistry from both artistes.
4. Body Language – Falz x Ajebo Hustlers : “Make way bad boys coming through” Falz & Ajebo Hustlers released this feel good rhythm that bangs and resonates with us; a collaboration we didn’t know we needed.
5. Common Sense – D smoke x SiR : There’s no complete playlist without a hip Hop act highlighting its excellence and which better way to express this as we introduce “common sense” a slow upbeat record with true meaning to its core.
6. Time & Place – Krizbeatz x Terri & Victony : one of our favourites in Victony was featured on this bliss of a record captured with harmonious rhythm and feel good soul.
7. Motivate yourself – Magixx – Mavin record just unveiled their new star and he’s everything they said he is; motivate yourself speaks volumes in lyrics.
8. Hit me Up – Brum3h : The Music Business academy recently released its EP “Heart on a sleeve” and Brum3h was definitely our highlight from this mix as he continues to define his artistry without a single miss in his catalogue.
9. Wavy – Hanujay : (wow) can I blow your mind by Hanujay is an AfroBeats record packed with good songs and this song might not be the highlight from the tape but it definitely says the most from this tape.
10. WellsFargo – Laime x Zlatan Ibile – We saved the best for last; this song is from “If Summer happened” by Laime and maybe one of the stand out tune for this record. A feel good song about loyalty and placement; definitely one to listen to if it missed your playlist.
That’s all folks; we hope you enjoy this playlist as much as we enjoyed curating it for you! Until next time.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.